- Open your terminal, then open /etc/apt/sources.list file using your favourite text editor by using this command : $ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
- Now, add the following line in the bottom of the file : deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/siretart/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/siretart/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
- Save the file, then exit from the editor.
- Write this command in terminal : $ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 0xce90d8983e731f79 $ sudo apt-get update
- Install the Intel VGA driver by using this command : $ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel-2.4
- Restart your computer!
Minggu, 10 Mei 2009
INTEL GRAPHICS: SLOW PERFORMANCE PROBLEM IN JAUNTY
If you are using Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) with Intel Graphic card adapter, you might feel that the graphic performance is so slow than the previous version of Ubuntu. Especially if you are using the Compiz Fusion. It was cause by the Jaunty use the newest Intel VGA driver, which very buggy. To rollback the performance as speed as the previous version of Ubuntu again, you can revert the Intel VGA driver module in the kernel to previous version, as version as the in Intrepid Ibex release. Here is the steps :